The health, safety and overall well-being of our clients, family and friends is always our top priority and we remain committed to providing you with the same, high quality service as we always have.
With most employees working remotely, we offer the following guidance to help ensure that your company remains safe:
- Issue business-owned devices for remote workers whenever possible.
- Ensure that employees are using a secure VPN connection, especially employees who have access to company resources.
- If an employee must use a personal computer for work, ensure proper precautions are in place such as up to date anti-malware software and security patches.
- Remind employees to back up important files.
- Restrict employee access to sensitive data, especially employees who do not have a secure connection to the work environment.
- Require the use of 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) whenever possible to remotely access company resources using apps such as Google Authenticator or DUO.
- Use strong passwords and a password app such as LastPass or 1Password.
- Remind employees to practice safe email use and avoid opening attachments or clicking on links from untrusted senders. Additionally advise them not to provide sensitive information via email.
- Lock your computers when you leave your home office. Sometimes, even our kids can create challenges if they gain access to our PCs.
Below is a link to 10 short employee awareness training episodes that are relevant to those working from home. They have been placed in a “Netflix” like portal and can be shared with anyone. There is no login, viewers are not tracked, and the quiz questions are answered in a simulated fashion. Please click the link to access: https://ninjio.com/workingfromhome
Thank you for your continued partnership and we wish everyone continued health!